Our experience and advanced appraisal training make us qualified to provide you with most reliable real estate valuations, appraisal reviews, and consultations in Tennessee.
In response to the present Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic, the following Protocol is established for the safety of our clients, their customers, and our employees.
Due to the COVID-19, we are not completing interior inspections until after December 31, 2020 in response to the recent national social-distancing guidelines.
Many institutions have Appraisal Guidelines that require a property inspection by the appraiser. I hope that your institution will consider the health concerns of property owners and appraisers during this difficult time and allow us the freedom to use alternative procedures. The alternative procedures outlined below will meet the requirements of USPAP and the Interagency Guidelines requirements referenced at the end of this document.
Alternatives Inspection Procedures
The appraiser may determine that one or more of the following alternatives provide sufficient reliability for a credible Market Value conclusion:
1. A recent property inspection report performed by a qualified individual(s) such as an engineer, architect, general contractor, etc.
2. Reliance on other publicly available documents and digital media, including those used in marketing a property for sale or lease.
3. And exterior inspection without making any personal contact
· The “Property Contact” will be notified that the exterior of the property will be photographed by the appraiser.
· The appraiser will not be required to go on-site for the exterior inspection or photographs.
· The appraiser may request that the Property Contact arrange for interior digital photographs to be taken by an individual who is currently on-site (such as owner, tenant or property manager). The photographs should be forwarded to the appraiser for inclusion in the appraisal report.
4. The appraiser may request that the Property Contact arrange for a “virtual inspection” via a live stream video call with an individual who is currently on-site.
· Cell phone cameras may be used along with an application such as Skype
Thank you for your business. We will continue to provide you with the highest quality work during this time even if we must change some of the traditional inspection techniques.
Michael V. Tankersley, MAI, SRA, AI-RRS, AI-GRS, ARA, R/W-AC
|Articles property of their publisher and protected by copyright|